Probable causes of alopecia
Alopecia is abnormal rate of hair fall. In general, on average a person can lose about a hundred hair strands but fall of hair beyond this number can be regarded as alopecia. It happens because the cycle of growth and fall that hair goes through remains stuck. There are certain probable reasons in women that cause alopecia:
• As people age, losing of hair becomes evident.
• Menopause in women can act as a key factor for developing alopecia.
• During cancer, the chemotherapy treatment causes destruction of the hair roots and hence hair loss occurs at a drastic rate.
• Usually during pregnancy, due to increased estrogen secretion the quality of hair and skin improves in women, but their may be some exceptions.
• Lack of blood causes less of oxygen to reach the scalp and hence the hair roots become weak. So anemia may cause alopecia.
• Deficiency of some vitamins and certain minerals like zinc, iron result in heavy hair loss.
Necessary care regime
Consulting a physician is essential. The diet plan must include vitamins b complex, vitamin c and essential minerals like zinc and iron. Seafood, fish, meat, dairy product, green vegetable, nuts, pulses must included in the daily diet plan.
- alopecia areata
- alopecia areata in women
- androgenic alopecia
- alopecia in women